Brooklyn Soft Tissue Injury Lawyer
Pursue Compensation for Soft Tissue Injuries
Resulting physical therapy and/or long healing times, soft tissue injuries are caused from straining a muscle and/or tendon in the body. Individuals are typically not prepared to deal with the cost of medical expenses associated with this type of injury. Furthermore, depending on your occupation, these injuries could result in time off of work that can lead to a lack of income making the journey to recovery much more difficult. If you have been injured in an accident and sustained a soft tissue injury, you should speak with a Brooklyn attorney about filing a claim.
What Are Soft Tissue Injuries?
Soft tissue injuries include damage to organs, brain tissue, nerves, muscles, connective tissue, skin, and such. Soft tissue injuries, such as whiplash, bruising, sprains, organ damage, can vary from minor to life-threatening, which is why it is possible to seek compensation for your soft tissue injuries. Many injuries sustained in accidents are soft tissue injuries, but there are some types of injuries that are more common than others.
Common types of soft tissue injuries include:
- Whiplash: A common injury in car accidents, whiplash results in strained neck muscles resulting from over-extension. Symptoms can include dizziness, headaches, neck and upper back pain, and stiffness or difficulty moving. Whiplash may be felt immediately after the accident, but it can take several days for symptoms to manifest.
- Sprains and Strains: Whiplash isn’t the only form of strain one may experience in an accident. Strains can affect any muscle in the body, while sprains affect the ligaments that connect bones together. In an accident, such as a fall or a car accident, an individual’s body may experience sudden, unnatural motion which can cause sprains and strains throughout the body. Like whiplash, sprains and strains often cause muscles soreness and fatigue, stiffness, bruises, and a loss of flexibility.
- Spinal Disc Injuries: The vertebrae in your spine are padded by soft tissue, called spinal discs. These discs can be injured in an accident, and often are some of the most painful and debilitating soft tissue injuries that can be sustained. These fluid-filled sacs permit your spine to twist, flex, and stretch, but when they are damaged it can severely limit your mobility. Two common spinal disc injuries are herniated discs and bulging discs.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Some soft tissue injuries, such as brain injuries, are catastrophic. The brain is considered soft tissue, so it falls into this category of injuries. Injury claims involving traumatic brain injuries often are taken very seriously, since brain injuries can have life-long effects for the victim and their family. Brain injuries can range from mild concussions to severe, life-changing trauma.
- Internal Organ Injuries: Your internal organs serve a number of functions but can cause significant health issues if they are injured or damages. Painful bruising, internal bleeding, ruptures, and infections are possible concerns when trauma damages your internal organs. These injuries can be especially life-threatening and may be difficult to diagnose.
If you’ve sustained soft tissue injuries in an accident, it may be possible to file a claim and pursue compensation for your injuries. If another party is found to be negligent and liable for your injuries, you and your attorney can gather evidence of your accident and submit your claim. Even minor soft tissue injuries can still require expensive treatment, lost income during recovery, and other expenses, so it is important to speak to an experienced injury lawyer to discover your legal options.
Cause of Soft Tissue Injuries
There are large amount of muscle and tendons in the human body, and because of this, soft tissue injuries can vary in location. Depending on the cause of the injury you could be looking at a variety of different locations, one of the most common being car accidents. Depending on the exact circumstances of the accident, a car accident can subject you to back and neck injuries if the impact of the accident was behind you and you could have whipped forward from your seat. The force exerted from cars traveling at certain speeds put a large strain on your muscles and bones as you are displaced from your seat.
Car accidents are not the sole cause of soft tissue accidents, a person can sustain serious injuries in:
Soft tissue is located throughout the human body, however, some of the most common areas that are associated with injury include: the arms, neck, legs, and back. Other areas affected could include: shoulders, knees, and ankles. Regardless, it is always important that you seek out medical attention if you feel it is necessary. Some soft tissue injuries repair themselves, but at times you may require extensive medical treatments. Some home remedies to try are icing the injured area, elevating the area on a soft surface, and over the counter pain medication.
Ready to get started? So are we!
If you have suffered a soft tissue injury in a car accident or other type of accident, you need a dedicated Brooklyn personal injury law firm to help you get a settlement for your soft tissue injury claim. At Belushin Law Firm, we take every case seriously and make ourselves available to help our clients 24/7.
If we don't secure a recovery on your behalf, you don't pay attorney's fees.
Call today to learn more!
$3,500,000 Pedestrian Accident
$3,000,000 Labor Law Injury
$2,700,000 Workers' Compensation Injury
$1,200,000 Premises Liability Injury
$875,000 Pedestrian Accident
$500,000 Car Accident Injury